Ramakrishna-VivekanandaAshrama of Georgia
Talks, Classes & Spiritual Fellowship
Due to the novel coronavirus pandemic, in-person classes in Athens have been suspended for now.
You are invited and most welcome to attend online classes and talks with Br. Shankara via the Vedanta Center of Atlanta website at vedantaatlanta.org. Click on the Calendar page for a schedule of talks and classes, including Zoom links.
May you all be safe and well during this dreadful transition.
2321 4th St., #109
Tucker GA 30084-8507
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
Shreyam Param Avaapsyatha
Nurturing one another
You will attain the highest Good
Bhagavad Gita, Ch. 3:11
Ramakrishna-Vivekananda Ashrama of Georgia, Inc. (Ashrama) was founded to share the principles and practices of self-realization and service to humanity taught by Sri Ramakrishna, Sri Sarada Devi, and Swami Vivekananda. This will be done by instruction and by example.
To achieve these purposes the Ashrama will:
- maintain a schedule of classes, talks, retreats, and other related activities;
- help establish Ramakrishna Order of Sisters and Brothers, an intentional spiritual community of retired Vedantists;
- train interested Order members to serve as resident ministers for private Vedanta centers;
- produce digital, print, and other media;
- rent, lease, or purchase facilities as needed; and
- accept donations to support and sustain our efforts.
All are welcome to join us, as you wish and are able.
Come, let us go forward together!
Br. Shankara founded the Ashrama in January 2019. He is a disciple of Swami Prabhavananda, a senior swami of the Ramakrishna Order of India (The Swami left the body on July 4, 1976.). Br. Shankara studied spiritual practice under Prabhavanandaji and other senior swamis of the Ramakrishna Order, beginning in 1973. He was ordained a monk by Swami Swahananda in 2010. The Swami then assigned Br. Shankara as resident minister of the Vedanta Center of Atlanta, where he has served since August 2010.
Note: Swami Prabhavananda was a disciple of Swami Brahmananda, a direct disciple of Sri Ramamkrishna. Swami Swahananda’s guru was Swami Vijanananda, also a direct disciple of the Master.